New Construction Services
Schematic Design Phase (SD)
- Evaluate systems, products and components for performance, compatibility and constructability in project-specific applications
- Develop system performance requirements
- Propose innovative, new, and sustainable technologies.
Design Development Phase (DD)
- Coordinate details with structural and mechanical consultants.
- Prepare unit cost comparisons and value engineering.
Construction Document Phase (CD)
- Conduct pre-bid meetings and de-scope bidders.
- Review bids and bidder qualifications.
- Prepare or review architectural details and specification sections.
Construction Administration Phase (CA)
- Conduct pre-construction conferences.
- Perform in-plant inspections.
- Review submittals and mark-up shop drawings for conformance to project requirements.
- Administer performance mock-up testing.
- Perform construction-monitoring inspections for conformance and deficiencies.
- Conduct punch-list inspections.
- Review as-built construction and modifications.
- Advise the project team regarding technical and performance issues.
- Administer or perform simple field-testing.
Edwards & Company is also able to provide Building Envelope Commissioning (BECx) and sustainability services.
- Promote design efficiency.
- Improve as-built quality and performance.
- Conserve energy and reduce resource usage.
- Incorporate daylighting, green roof and green wall systems.