New Construction Services
Our job is to provide the expertise and knowledge that takes your project from concept to reality. We offer design evaluation and review during every phase of the Building Envelope development. Our team is a trusted resource for Building Envelope commissioning and can assist in every part of the development process.
Schematic Design Phase (SD)
- Evaluate systems, products and components for performance, compatibility and constructability in project-specific applications
- Develop system performance requirements
- Propose innovative, new, and sustainable technologies.
Design Development Phase (DD)
- Coordinate details with structural and mechanical consultants.
- Prepare unit cost comparisons and value engineering.
Edwards & Company is also able to provide Building Envelope Commissioning (BECx) and sustainability services.
- Promote design efficiency.
- Improve as-built quality and performance.
- Conserve energy and reduce resource usage.
- Incorporate daylighting, green roof and green wall systems.
Construction Document Phase (CD)
- Conduct pre-bid meetings and de-scope bidders.
- Review bids and bidder qualifications.
- Prepare or review architectural details and specification sections.
Construction Administration Phase (CA)
- Conduct pre-construction conferences.
- Perform in-plant inspections.
- Review submittals and mark-up shop drawings for conformance to project requirements.
- Administer performance mock-up testing.
- Perform construction-monitoring inspections for conformance and deficiencies.
- Conduct punch-list inspections.
- Review as-built construction and modifications.
- Advise the project team regarding technical and performance issues.
- Administer or perform simple field-testing.